Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Another day on Planet Drudge

How does one even dare to get out of bed some mornings?
Things seem somewhat less sexy in the AP lede Drudge links to:

GENEVA (AP) — Edging toward a historic compromise, the U.S. and Iran reported progress Monday on a deal that would clamp down on Tehran's nuclear activities for at least 10 years but then slowly ease restrictions on programs that could be used to make atomic arms.

... and positively bureaucratic by the penultimate graf:

For the United States, the goal is to extend to at least a year the period that Iran would need to surreptitiously "break out" toward nuclear weapons development. Daryl Kimball of the Washington-based Arms Control Association said that with the IAEA's additional monitoring, the deal taking shape leaves "more than enough time to detect and disrupt any effort to pursue nuclear weapons in the future."

Since lying seems to be on everyone's mind these days, is it fair to quote Walter Lippmann again?
 
If I lie in a lawsuit involving the fate of my neighbor's cow, I can go to jail. But if I lie to a million readers in a matter involving war and peace, I can lie my head off, and, if I choose the right series of lies, be entirely irresponsible.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home