Sunday, July 01, 2012

Sunny with a chance of daylight

Having updated its storm coverage Saturday late morning to point out that people were in the dark, the Fair 'n' Balanced network waited until late morning Sunday to -- update its coverage with a reprise of Saturday's hed!

Here's a fallback rule for hed writing: When in doubt, tell me why today is different from yesterday. Telling me that today is the same as yesterday -- particularly when, in broad daylight, you're simply wrong again -- is a bad idea, plain and simple.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The Ridger, FCD said...

I dunno... I tried to get to my apartment in the afternoon on Tuesday and it was darker than the inside of a cow in the hall and stairwells. Plus sweltering.

5:39 PM, July 08, 2012  
Blogger fev said...

I hope I'm inferring correctly that you and Gwen and the lot are all right.

Now, of course, _we_ are in the part of the country with electricity issues that no one wants to hear about. Our block is fine, but we're still running into intersections where there are temporary stop signs because a falling tree took out the stoplights.

Should be an amusing drive to campus tomorrow.

8:27 PM, July 08, 2012  
Blogger The Ridger, FCD said...

Yeah, we were in North Dakota when the storm hit. When I got back to Maryland on Tuesday, I fumbled my way up the stairs and got Gwen (who was being kept well-hydrated by a neighbor) and headed for a motel. We're all fine. My power finally returned on Saturday. The second Saturday.

Your puny problems are as NOTHING!

6:32 PM, July 09, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home