Tuesday, January 03, 2012

It's never too late

If you need an arbitrary point on the calendar at which to forswear evil and embrace good, too bad about the whole New Year thing. But there's still plenty of time to make an Old Christmas resolution -- for example, "I shall wash the Forbidden Verbs right out of my hair and send them on their way":

The Spartans celebrate a 33-30 victory over the University of Georgia at the Outback Bowl on Monday in Tampa. (1A)

Sacramento’s DeMarcus Cousins celebrates after scoring against the Los Angeles Lakers last week. He has since demanded a trade from the Kings. (2B)

Senior quarterback Kirk Cousins celebrates a fourth-quarter touchdown that gives Michigan State its first lead. He would lead another TD drive in the final minutes to force overtime. (1C)

MSU sophomore cornerback Darqueze Dennard celebrates one of his two third-quarter interceptions, this one for a 38-yard touchdown.(4C)

William Gholston celebrates after his fumble recovery in the second quarter. He also led MSU with seven solo tackles. (4C)

The Cowboys’ Markelle Martin celebrates after he recovered a fumble in the third quarter. (6C)


Writing is supposed to be at least a little bit difficult. Banning the Verb of Satan isn't much of a challenge, but it's a start.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger MamaBrooke said...

Hi my name is Brooke Williams and I’m an author for chainbooks.com. I ran across your blog and wondered if you’d have any interest in helping me with a fiction project I’m working on.

Chainbooks.com is a relatively new website. The idea behind it is that the authors for the site write chapter 1 of a book. Someone else writes chapter 2. A third person chapter 3 and so on until the book is complete at 24 chapters. There’s no pay involved, but it’s a pretty fun process and the books, when completed, get published so every writer can say they are then a published author. I was part of the first book they published and really enjoyed it. Now I’m looking for writers to help me finish some of the books I started.

The four books I most want to further at this point are:

“Small Town America” which is about a woman on the run who ends up in a small town in Nebraska (currently in chapter 7)
“12-12-12” a conspiracy/terrorist type plot (currently in chapter 4)
“Born for This” about a professor who also happens to be a serial killer on the side (currently in chapter 3)
“Accept this Daisy” a romantic comedy about a bachelor type show (currently in chapter 3)

Would you have any interest in writing a chapter in any of these books? The only real rule is that they have to be 2500-3000 words in length. Let me know and if you’d like to participate, I’ll get you more details! email me djforjesus@hotmail.com

3:44 PM, January 03, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home