Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Guilty -- with an explanation

Sometimes I get the impression that the local fishwrap is just sort of pulling my leg, as in the example shown here. Either that, or it needs to get out more. Or perhaps stay in and get in touch with its inner nerd a bit more. Here's Woody himself, doing the same thing 37 years ago, only better.

If your life is a bit too serious today, go visit the friendly IMDB and enjoy the memorable quotes for a bit.

"I'm a products tester for a large corporation. I make sure products are safe and practical. Today I tested an exercise machine, and an electrically warm toilet seat for cold days. "

3 Comments:

Blogger Strayhorn said...

That's one of only three movies that made me laugh so hard I cried - one of the others being "What's Up Tiger Lilly" which also has the distinction of making me fall out of my seat.

Both seen at the old Varsity Theatre (sic) on Franklin Street at the midnight show. Boy do I miss Woody Allen movies showing for 50 cents at midnight.

The third was "Blazing Saddles" but that's in a class by itself.

"I didn't get a 'harumph' outta that guy . . ."

11:15 AM, October 07, 2008  
Blogger Strayhorn said...

P.S. I am enjoying the vicious combat between "floundering" and "foundering" in heds re: Wall Street.

"Floundering" seems to be ahead on points.

11:34 AM, October 07, 2008  
Blogger fev said...

Ah, the Varsity! Home of the before-the-State-game "Sex, Drugs, Treason" triple feature: Pecker Island, Reefer Madness and Red Nightmare.

Gee, I miss collidge. (And the rest of the Cretaceous, alas.)

9:02 PM, October 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home